Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 24th


Aero was a doll today! I feel so lucky because are past few rides have been leaps and bounds ahead of anything we have done before. It may seem kind of cheesy, but I feel like things might be coming together for us, which is good considering our schedule. 

I didn't expect to have so many equine-related events to attend this year. I thought I would participate in 4-H and maybe do a few clinics here and a fun show there, but my whole June is going to be swamped. Not only do I have my English and Social finals to study for and write, but I have shows pretty much every weekend along with musical ride practices on Tuesdays. Not get me wrong! I can't wait! I am so excited to take her to our first show together and to trot into that ring with a huge dorky grin on my face, but I am also starting to doubt my abilities to balance my education with horsey stuff.

I desperately hope tomorrows ride goes as well as today, maybe even better! *crosses fingers and toes* Today I rode in my Western saddle because I found an old pad that I wanted to try out. Red actually looks really good on her! Anyways, I decided to keep going in my blue one for now, and reserve the other one for shows and special events just to try and preserve it and protect it from all the fuzz flying rampant. 

Shedding season is in full-swing and I HATE it! Her glossy bay coat is covered in chunks of thick fluff, and it comes out in endless pools! I feel like I could just keep brushing, and brushing, and brushing... The worst part is when you go on with lip balm (my new favourite is the EOS Lip Balm!) and it sticks. Ew! So, as much as I am embarrassed by it, I wear a painting mask to keep it out of my mouth. Haha! Thank goodness no one is around to see! We probably look very weird!

I ended my night eating my favourite food - watermelon - and watching one of Buck Brannaman's DVD's. I'm also homework free and loving it! Anyways, I'm off to bed to dream about hopefully trail riding with Aero tomorrow if the weather is nice.
 - Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment